Dean Tooby, former Foxhills Leisure Manager, left his role and will return on Friday 1 September as Sports Therapist.
Dean has 23 years’ experience working and studying in the sports, rehabilitation and fitness industry – with 19 being at Foxhills – and has recently studied Sports Therapy.
On Sunday 27 August, members joined Dean for a farewell cycle, incorporating a 65 mile loop to Henley and back. If you didn’t attend, there will be another chance to congratulate Dean on his new role this Sunday (3 September) from 6-9pm in Nineteen with drinks and canapés.
From this Friday, Dean will offer clinical services on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday mornings. These include:
- Examination and assessment of sports injuries (spinal and peripheral joints) and where appropriate, refer for specialist advice and intervention
- Planning and implementing appropriate treatment regimes
- Soft tissue manipulation and sports massage including pre and post-activity
- The rehabilitation of the individual/athlete back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness
- Utilising sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Electrotherapy including modalities such as ultrasound, interferential, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, medical acupuncture (dry needling), kinesiology taping, sports massage including tool assisted fascia realise
- Postural examination, range of movement and manual muscle testing leading to corrective exercises for posture and injury prevention
- Pain management
Appointments are available in 30 minute sessions for £35 and hour sessions for £60.
To book, email the Spa team or call 01932 704555.