Dean Tooby, former Foxhills Leisure Manager, left his role and will return on Friday 1 September as Sports Therapist.
Dean has 23 years’ experience working and studying in the sports, rehabilitation and fitness industry – with 19 being at Foxhills – and has recently studied Sports Therapy.
On Sunday 27 August, members joined Dean for a farewell cycle, incorporating a 65 mile loop to Henley and back. If you didn’t attend, there will be another chance to congratulate Dean on his new role this Sunday (3 September) from 6-9pm in Nineteen with drinks and canapés.
Member Janine Lawler - with an impressive sporting background, being a double Olympian in 1984 and 1988 - will take over as the new leader of Sunday morning Cycling Club. Read the full story here.
From this Friday, Dean will offer clinical services on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday mornings. These include:
- Examination and assessment of sports injuries (spinal and peripheral joints) and where appropriate, refer for specialist advice and intervention
- Planning and implementing appropriate treatment regimes
- Soft tissue manipulation and sports massage including pre and post-activity
- The rehabilitation of the individual/athlete back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness
- Utilising sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Electrotherapy including modalities such as ultrasound, interferential, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, medical acupuncture (dry needling), kinesiology taping, sports massage including tool assisted fascia realise
- Postural examination, range of movement and manual muscle testing leading to corrective exercises for posture and injury prevention
- Pain management
Appointments are available in 30 minute sessions for £35 and hour sessions for £60.
To book, email the Spa team or call 01932 704555.