Cycling in Surrey provides a range of terrain to keep even the most ardent cyclist challenged. Foxhills is located within riding distance of popular peaks like Box Hill and open flat tracks such as Windsor Great Park.
Following the success of Sir Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome in the world’s most famous cycling race – the Tour de France, plus the gold rush for British cyclists during the London 2012 Olympics, cycling is one of the fastest growing sports in the country.
The Club & Resort runs a weekly Cycling Club and is the official resort partner of the Tour of Britain. Foxhills has also played host to the nation’s top road cyclists in recent years, with the heroes of the London 2012 Olympics such as Mark Cavendish, Lizzie Armitstead, Wiggins and Froome having bedrooms named after them which are now available for guests to stay in.
Founded in 2012, the Foxhills Revolution meets at 8am every Sunday for a mixture of leisurely and challenging rides.
Open to all Foxhills members and hotel residents, the Cycling Club is led by Jan Lawler along with assistance from other passionate members. We have 3 British Cycling Ride leaders and a Lvl 2 Road Cycling coach on the team.
The Club has entered teams in the Tour of Cyprus (2015), Wales’ Dragon Race (2015) and the Woking Tour Series (2014).
In addition to the Cycling Club, Foxhills provides group cycling days and a special Velo weekend break. If the British weather puts you off heading outdoors, the Foxhills gym provides Group cycle classes in our Spin studio.
Foxhills Cycling Pedigree
- Host of Team GB during Olympic Road Race test event
- Named official hotel for Team GB’s London 2012 Olympic road race cycling team
- The day after winning the Tour de France, Sir Bradley Wiggins arrives for a three week residency during London 2012, joined by his fellow Team GB cyclists including Chris Froome
- Launches a weekly Cycling Club
- Sponsors the Surrey leg of the Tour of Britain
- Launches the Velo weekend break
- Hosts first Sportive
- Visits Sir Dave Brailsford at British Cycling HQ in Manchester for tour, interview and ride
- Sponsors the Surrey and London legs of the Tour of Britain. Hosts to Team Sky and Team GB during final stages of the tour
- Cycling Club enters two teams in the Woking Tour Series
- Official resort partner of the Tour of Britain
- Host of the UK’s first cycling industry conference plus events for Matt Prior’s One Pro Cycling; Baker Tilly; Kona and Maserati with Rouleur
- Partners with Just Pedal for corporate cycling events
- Annual Sportive, in association with PedalSure, hosted by GB and Team Wiggins professional cyclist Andy Tennant
- Second year as official resort partner of the Tour of Britain