Foxhills' Swim School follows the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme accredited by the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA). The national syllabus ensures swimming lessons are delivered to a high and consistent standard. The programme is based on a progression of skills and stroke technique ensuring that each individual builds upon their water confidence at every stage of their development.
Swimming lessons commence; Monday 14th September – Friday 11th December (12 week term)
Half term Monday 26th - Friday 30th October. (No lessons)
New guidance for swimming lessons;
- The pool is closed for general swimming bookings during lesson times.
- Swimmers should arrive ‘beach ready’ no more than 5 minutes before the start of their lesson.
- Where possible, only one parent/carer per child is allowed to supervise their child during swimming lessons.
- Teachers will deliver all lesson from poolside & will adhere to government guidance on social distancing.
- Swimming sessions where two teachers are working, the pool will be divided in half using a lane rope to separate the groups & maintain social distancing.
- Teachers will deliver lessons from opposite sides of the pool.
- Where possible swimmers should bring their own equipment. E.G pool noodle & kickboard.
- For pre-school & stages 1 & 2, a parent/guardian will be required to support a swimmer in the water throughout the duration of their lesson, as the teacher will no longer be able to provide in water support. Group sizes will be adjusted accordingly to allow for social distancing to be maintained.
- Where there are 2 teachers teaching, lesson will begin at 15 minute intervals to allow social distancing to be managed in the changing room & pool lobby.
- There will be 5 minutes between lessons to allow the for cleaning & changeover of participants.
- Parents/Guardians may be asked to observe their child lesson from the den window to ensure there is enough space for the teacher to maintain social distancing whilst teaching.
- Parent/Guardians will collect swimmers promptly at the end of each lesson.
- Swimming equipment will be sanitised before, during & after each lesson.
Adult, Child & Pre-school
The pre-school framework supports babies and pre-school children building the beginnings of a lifelong love of water. Parents and guardians attend swimming lessons with their children and join them in the water. Once swimmers are able to take instructions, they move into a class without a parent or guardian in the water with them. Here they will be taught the core skills needed to learn the four strokes through fun and games.
After School Classes
The Learn to Swim framework provides children with confidence in their ability. From this comes more enjoyment of swimming, a love for swimming and being in the water, and the skills and motivation required to lead a healthy lifestyle. Children will learn the nine key skills needed to become competent swimmers. These include entry, exits, floatation and balance, rotation and orientation, streamlining, aquatic breathing, travel and coordination, water safety and health and fitness. By learning and combining skills, children understand the processes needed to swim all four strokes, front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
Awards & Badges
Children will be rewarded as they learn to swim and progress. Remember not every child progresses as quickly as another; some children are more naturally competent and confident in the water and therefore will progress faster. Other children are slower to learn new skills but can quite often become stronger more proficient swimmers as they progress. Each Learn to Swim Stage will have a number of complementary awards which recognise a child completing a particular skill within the whole stage. These act as great motivators for children.
30min 1-2-1 £24.50 / 30min 2-1 £15 per child
Monday 9.30am-12.30pm / 4-6.30pm
Tuesday 10am-12pm / 4-6.45pm
Wednesday 11.45am-2.15pm / 4-6.30pm
Thursday 10am-12.30pm / 4-6.30pm
Friday 9.30am-12.30pm / 4-6.30pm
Teaching lasts 25 minutes with 5 minutes for review and feedback.
Baby 3-12mts / max 6 children per class
Baby 12-24mts / max 5 children per class
Toddler 2-3yrs / max 4 children per class
Pre-school 3-4yrs / max 3 children per class
Children 4yrs+ / max 4 children per class